Thursday, March 29, 2012

why un.tied?


I used to be a teacher.

I used to be shy.

I used to be the nice-girl.

I used to be a rule follower.

I used to think I had everything figured out....if I just followed the rules and played it safe, everything would work in my favor.

And it did.

I had a job that most would die for.

I had two healthy sons and an amazing husband.

I had the house I had always dreamed of.

Until I realized that while having everything I had nothing.

I cried on most days and was anxious the rest. I had no idea who I was, or what I wanted in life. I made choices to please others, and I had no idea what would be pleasing to me.

I was broken.

And, I didn't know what to do about it.

So, I sat in it, wrestled with it, and questioned it.

Still in the thick of this journey, I am realizing that it is only in my brokenness that I have started to become whole.

As I have untied myself and my story, bit by bit, piece by piece, I am finding the beauty that lies within myself. I am finding that with each wound there is a glorious chance of redemption and with each lie the possibly of truth.

Slowly, I am putting my true self back together and relishing in the work of art God has designed me to be.

So too, am I taking this journey with each necktie. Bit by bit I am carefully exploring the brokenness and restoring it to be new again....reclaiming the beautiful tie it was once intentioned to be.  I am taking something old and broken and giving it new life.

Through my journey, I have realized that sometimes the purest beauty and the richest joy comes from being un.tied, digging through all that is broken and making it new again, reclaiming all that is truly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment